Frontera Computational Science Fellowships
Fellowship at a Glance
Program Dates: June 1, 2024 – May 31, 2025
Application Deadline: February 6, 2024
The Frontera fellowship program provides a year-long opportunity for talented graduate students to compute on the most powerful academic supercomputer in the world and collaborate with experts at the Texas Advanced Computing Center.
Fellows will receive:
- $34,000 stipend in two installments of $17,000
- Up to $12,000 in tuition allowance throughout the year
- Travel support to present research results at a Frontera user community event and/or professional conference
- 50,000 node-hours on Frontera
- Paid visits to TACC in Austin, TX
Fellows will receive a $34,000 stipend, up to $12,000 in tuition allowance throughout the year, and travel support to present research results at a Frontera user community event and/or professional conference.
Applications will only be accepted from students who are studying in the United States or its territories at a US institution. Applicants must also:
- Be enrolled as a PhD graduate student at the time of application
- Have completed at least one year of their graduate program as of March 2024
- Have at least one full year remaining in their program as of June 2024
- Be able to spend at least one week of the summer semester in residence at TACC in the year of award
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Related experience and service
- Research plan and its use of advanced computing resources
- Letters of reference
- Projects that support multidisciplinary research
TACC is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and disability statuses to apply.